Thursday, May 29, 2014

Five on Friday: Blog Names, Birthdays & Other Randomness!

via

It's finally Friday, and I'm so excited to be linking up with Darci, April, Christina and Natasha again after a loooong blogging hiatus. Let's hop to it with the randomness, then!

{one}
Unless you're new from the link up, you'll notice some changes around here... yup, I've changed my blog name! Unspeakable Joy has been so good to me for so many years -- it got me through college and has provided a way for me to look back on those days, but I've been wanting to refresh for a long time. "Meet the McCalls" is simple, but it reflects exactly what I will be writing about -- our little family unit. My awesome, graphically-inclined husband did a great job with my header (the Raleigh skyline was his idea!) and we're still in the process of doing some more revamping. But I'm SO happy with this rebranding... I think this is just the spark I need to get back into the blogging groove!

{two}
My 23rd birthday is Saturday! I've never been one to get super excited about birthdays, but I'll always take any excuse to treat myself ;) I'm looking forward to a nice dinner out with the hubs (with something fruity to drink of course!), AND I get the special treat of seeing one of my best friends, Natalie, who is coming in town for the weekend. So much to celebrate! Birthday recap to come next week, of course!

via

{three}
Speaking of birthdays, I HAVE to share this incredible recipe I tried last weekend... cake batter blondies. YUM. I'm a funfetti queen, and these babies are the best. And SO easy!

{four}
Meet my latest obsession. Andrew found them at Costco and they are the PERFECT snack. I kind of fell off the healthy eating bandwagon after the wedding and am working hard to earn a spot back on it! These snapea crisps are great for an afternoon snack at the office!


{five}
If you need a reason to smile today, WATCH THIS VIDEO. The most precious pups ever, learning how to swim for the first time. My heart is about to explode. Puppy fever is at an all time high. Darn you, landlord. 

It's good to be back, friends. Thanks for dropping by!

-rm

15 comments:

  1. Hopping over here from the link up: Have the best birthday!! Love the new blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog design looks so good! My blog is in desperate need of a makeover... Maybe that's what I can do now that I'm done teaching! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. La, la, la, la love it! So neat that Andrew helped and did the skyline, looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy! So happy you're back...love the rebrand- it's perfect!! Happy Birthday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday! I changed my blog name a few years ago too - it was just time to do something different! I am actually planning on changing it in a year or so to better fit my blog now that I am a Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally hitting up costco right now!!! And I LOVE your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to try those crisps! I am happy to hear that they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy soon-to-be Birthday! Birthdays always call for something cake batter-y. I've actually made those blondies before, love sally's baking addiction. Try the cake batter cookies...so good. I love the new blog name, and the new header - but I am new from the link up so nothing to compare it to for me. Two thumbs up though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new from the link-up, so I don't know what the old header looked like, but this one that you have now is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The golden retriever puppies are so cute!! They don't help puppy fever though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday!! And I very recently discovered those spanea crisps.. they were so great!! I bought the wasabi kind, of course :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! Just stopping by from the link up {Five on Friday} Hope you're enjoying married life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy you're back at blogging! Happy (belated) Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete