Monday, May 26, 2014

this time it's real.

Well, it's been almost a full two months since I've blogged... the longest I think I've gone without updating my little corner of the universe. I'm back. I'm pretty positive.

I just needed some time. You know how you have those weekends where you deliberately don't want to go out just because you don't have the energy to put on "real clothes"? Or don't care to put in the effort to talk to "real people" and would rather just pretend like you're a part of the HIMYM gang (or Olivia Pope's gladiators, etc.) and live vicariously through their escapades? That's kind of how these last few months have been in the blog world for me. I just needed some time for myself. I even let Shut the Front Door Burlaps fall a bit by the wayside after Easter, but I'm back at that too.

I'm not exactly sure what prompted my brief blogging hiatus. Lately I've been tired, uninspired, and a bit drained. Don't get me wrong, work is great, but as I've said, after writing approximately 7.5 hours a day, blogging isn't exactly something I want to do as soon as I have a free moment at home. However, I missed being a part of the blogging community. I've followed along with my friends, seeing announcements of engagements, babies, new jobs and more. Seeing these posts on my blog roll would continually remind me of how much I enjoy the women I've met through blogging, and how on a more personal level, blogging is a way to document not only life's big changes, but the little daily things worth remembering, too.

I've never really been one to blog for others, so I guess that's why I didn't feel too bad taking weeks and weeks off, but I think I'm ready to blog again, for myself. So, all that being said, I'm back. As I mentioned in my previous "Hi, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth" post, I'm hoping to make some changes (in a good way!) to give some new life to this blog and my writing. Thanks for hanging tight with me, friends. I love your comments, I love your emails, I love your blogs, and I love knowing you care about what I have to say. I love writing, so that's what I'm going to do. Have a great week, friends!

via

-rm 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the emoji of the "hands in the air/praise sign" for this! I may or may check your space of the internet quite new to see if there is something new...no pressure though! lol I also feel like I'm in a little bit of a "funk" with blogging. I hesitate to call it that because I don't feel like I NEED to blog everyday and I haven't felt my writing juices flowing all that much lately, but I am ready for those juices to start flowing again and get these fingers to typingg1

    ReplyDelete