Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th!


Happy Independence Day, friends!

The McCalls are having a very low-key Fourth -- no day at the pool, lake, beach, or big party for us this year. Even though we're not doing anything very out of the ordinary today to celebrate, I've reflected on the many freedoms and blessings I've already enjoyed today, ones that I don't want to ever take for granted:

the freedom and blessing to enjoy my cup of coffee this morning
the freedom and blessing to bike through my neighborhood without worrying about my safety
 the freedom and blessing to enjoy a day with my husband 
the freedom and blessing to look forward to a delicious, filling meal tonight
the freedom and blessing the open my Bible this evening for devotional time

Freedom isn't free, so thank you to all the men and women who serve and have served, and their families who also have also sacrificed for our country. I am thankful to live in a land of so much opportunity --  one nation, under God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment