Thursday, July 31, 2014

travel in style

I never have claimed to be, and I probably never will be, a fashion blogger. But that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun with it when I find an outfit I love, right?!

If you've been following along for a while, you may remember my maiden voyage into fashion blogger territory-- I may have liked it a bit, so I'm back at it, this time with one of my favorite travel outfits. This past weekend, the hubs and I hit the road to Charleston to celebrate yet another cousin's wedding (tis the season for wedding festivities, amiright?!) and some quality time with my parents and friends who live in town. Charleston is right under four and a half hours from Raleighwood, so for this travel outfit, comfort was key. 




top {on sale now!} / shorts {similar} / monogram necklace / hat {similar} / bracelets / watch / sandals {not available online}

Comfy tee (the fact it has a precious pineapple print is a plus!), chino shorts and comfy sandals are my go-to travel outfit, whether I'm tearing up I-85 to visit the family in Greenville or elsewhere. J Crew chinos are usually my shorts of choice, but I found these at Old Navy a few summers ago and couldn't resist snagging some pairs on sale! 

And of course, whether I'm typing away at the computer in the office or riding shotgun down the highway, a cup of coffee is always necessary in the morning. An iced coffee in my favorite insulted mason jar is enough to get me out of the bed, any day of the week! Who's with me!? 

What's your go-to travel outfit? Are you a casual-and-comfy kinda gal like me?

-rm

2 comments:

  1. i love your hat, that's a great travel outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute travel outfit! I love the pineapple t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete