Monday, November 10, 2014

cheers to a Charlottesville weekend


hello friends! It's been a while, and it's been quiet on the blog, but trust me -- there's a lot that's going on in the McCall household! Exciting updates to come soon :)

This past weekend I hopped in my car and roadtripped up to Charlottesville to visit Lauren, my sweet friend and favorite bride-to-be. I'm going to be her Matron of Honor, and it was so fun to get to catch up and talk about wedding planning with her! The weather was amazing, and I was so glad to get out of Raleigh for a bit. I haven't visited the mountains in who knows how long, so this escape was just what the doctor ordered.

On Saturday after I arrived, we took a scenic drive through the mountainous countryside around Charlottesville and stopped for lunch before visiting the Bold Rock cidery. First of all, I had no idea that a cidery was a "thing," but I LOVED it! We had a cider tasting and were able to learn a bit about the cider-making process, which was really interesting. After exploring a bit, Lauren and I each got a pint and sat outside taking in the amazing view you see below. Needless to say,  I was in heaven.


After a little more mountain exploring, we went back to Lauren's place for dinner and a low-key night in. We got up in the morning and grabbed a coffee as we walked around UVA's campus. There's something I just love about college campuses during the fall -- I really makes me nostalgic for my undergraduate days. Not going to lie, though -- I'm glad I wasn't the one scurrying to the library on a Sunday!


After grabbing lunch at Bodo's Bagels on campus (I always request a meal there when I visit C-Ville!) we visited Jefferson Vineyards. We enjoyed a wine tasting and then, just as we did yesterday, sat outside taking in the gorgeous views and amazing weather. I wish we had time to visit more of the area wineries -- I know there are some great ones that I haven't made it to!

 I was sad to leave Virginia, but I'm so happy I was able to get away for a bit and have quality time with a dearly missed friend. Lauren is finishing up nursing school this year, so I'm hoping to squeeze in one more Charlottesville trip before she becomes a married lady -- any great spots I missed?

Have a great week, friends!

-rm 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect dresses for fashion. Very beautiful to see you with nature. Charming environment with you. I love this dress.It's amazing and stylish.Very good looking and amazing winter Jacket.Both looking beautiful.Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete